How we help
James W. McGee Jr.of the McGee Law Firm, located in historic downtown Wilmington, NC handles DWI/DUI law as well as personal injury, traffic, and drug litigation. The McGee Law Firm handles DWI cases in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender counties in North Carolina.
Laws regarding Driving While Intoxicated or “DWI” differ in every state and North Carolina’s laws are some of the strictest in the nation. If you have been arrested for a DWI in North Carolina, you are going to need a tough, dedicated and knowledgeable attorney. The McGee Law Firm is known for working hard for our clients, not merely providing a cookie cutter defense based on a ten minute analysis, but finding every angle in a qualified DWI defense.
As a longtime resident of North Carolina and graduate of North Carolina’s own Campbell University, James W. McGee, Jr. has developed an intimate understanding of the laws regarding Driving While Intoxicated. This experience, coupled with ongoing legal education directed towards the latest laws, technology and defense strategies gives The McGee Law Firm the ability to provide our clients with the best representation possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for a free consultation.
Membership and Association
- Member of National College for DUI Defense
- Member of North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member of National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Advanced Level DWI Training Programs
- Successfully completed training for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the International Association of Chiefs of Police DWI Detection Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Program (2005).
- Attended and completed the National College for DUI Defense annually since 2004 as conducted at Harvard University.
- Certificate of completion from the Masters of Scientific evidence in Dallas, Texas in April 2005.
Awards and Recognition
- Awarded “Rising Star” in SuperLawyers in 2012 and 2013.
- Received peer nomination from Best Lawyers in 2013.
- Awarded Legal Elite by Business North Carolina in 2013
- Author for Aspatore Publishing Working with Witnesses: Strengthening Your Defense While Refuting the State’s Case (2012)